General Landing Obligation information:
- The Landing Obligation Made Simple
- Proposed Landing Implementation Timeline
- Pelagic Landing Obligation
- Demersal Landing Obligation
- Onshore implications of the Landing Obligation
- Seafish website
- House of Lords Report on Landing Obligation
- Discardless: Strategies for Gradual Discard Elimination
- Open-Access Book on Landing Obligation
Landing Obligation at EU level:
- Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF)
- European Parliament Research Service briefing – Adapting EU fisheries to the Landing Obligation
Advice from Advisory Councils:
Research-led projects and institutions working towards the elimination of discards:
- Seafish Gear Manual
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Wageningen Marine Research
Workshops and forums discussing initiatives to reduce discarding:
- Seafish Discard Action Group
- Seafish gear manual database – an online database containing general information, and indications of the effectiveness of different gear selectivity devices, and general gear types.
Seafish & GearingUp will be working together to supplement each other. Whilst the Seafish gear database gives indications of the effectiveness for retaining and releasing common species for each selectivity device, GearingUp presents specific data of gear performance in industry-led trials.
Where relevant, the GearingUp tool will also have links to the DiscardLess fact catch sheets which contain detailed information about catch comparison and selectivity trials that have taken place in the North Atlantic and adjacent seas.